Friday, February 15, 2008

Change of Scenery

This weekend we are off to my in-laws house upstate. JT and I have a long weekend, so we are going for a little change of scenery along with my MIL, FIL, SIL, and BIL. It will be a really nice family weekend. The kids are really looking forward to going.

Last night I spent some time getting everything packed and organized - or I had hoped to at least. It was a little chaotic with trying to get dinner done and the kids bathed and to bed. JT fed the kids pizza while I gathered our bag and such. We ended up ordering Chinese food for us because there just wasn't time to cook. Between JT and I we managed to get most everything done.

I went home a lunch (a huge benefit of my new job - I am must closer to home) and got the laundry out, everything packed, the car loaded and the DVD player hooked up. It is just amazing how much crap we need for a 3 day trip. We even have the pack-n-play already up there and haven't packed food. I just packed the essentials and the car is still full.

I will be nice to get away though. RJ is really looking forward to being "Up the country..."

1 comment:

KiKi said...

Yes, kids triple the amount of crap you have to bring. After returning home, I find myself wondering why did I bring this? We didn't even use it! But at the time, it seemed we did.

Even worse, I find myself still packing it next time.