Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tubes (and Not the Fun Kind You Use in the Snow)

An update on LD...after last week's nightmare of a virus and various DR's appointments, we learned on Monday that LD will need tubes put in her ears. It is a routine procedure where they make a small incision in the ear drum and drain the fluid out. After that the insert at small tube to help with future draining. The will all happen at the ripe hour of 6:30am next Tuesday. LD cannot eat or drink anything from midnight on - which will be really tough for us!! Those of you who have met LD know what I mean!! It should only take 20 mins, but she will have to put out for the procedure. This will be really hard for me, but from what I hear having these tubes will be the best thing for her. I just cannot imagine my little baby in a hospital gown and having surgery! I hoping that this will help prevent some of the many DR's trips, next winter!

Anyone out there have the same thing for their child - any advice??

3 comments:

AmyBow said...

Poor LD. I am sure she will come through like a champ. Isn't MK also getting tubes? In case MK and LD aren't already like the bobsy twins (they are always together when I pick up LP) now they will have MORE in common.

KiKi said...

Yiiiiikes. How is this working out?

KiKi said...

P.S. You've been tagged!http://niyyah.blogspot.com/2008/03/meme-on-me.html